ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds) are stock market indices. In particular, they consist of stocks, bonds or commodities. Investors use ETFs to diversify their portfolios. These shares can be bought and sold like any other stock.
What is an ETF?
Index funds, called ETFs (Exchange Traded Funds), are eligible investment products on the stock exchange. They make it possible to diversify investments in financial markets at relatively low costs. They also reduce risk, and for this reason are often used by institutional investors and pension fund managers, especially in life insurance. These funds are publicly traded and can be bought and sold instantly like ordinary securities. ETFs are issued, in particular, by management companies such as investment companies.
You can also use investment platforms. For example, investing in ETFs with Nalo is quite profitable as portfolio optimization is done under the expert supervision of their advisors. In other words, it allows you to take advantage of stock market index ETFs by creating a customized portfolio.
What are the benefits of ETFs?
The benefits of ETFs are numerous, here are some of them:
· They provide an opportunity to bypass the stock market by directly buying the shares or products they represent through a management company.
· They are highly liquid, meaning they can be bought and sold instantly. In other words, they are listed on the stock exchange, so you can buy or sell them at any time. Thus, ETFs are very interesting products for investors who want to buy or sell quickly and who do not necessarily have the patience to wait a week to sell their securities.
· They are inexpensive. The difference in the cost of buying securities from an intermediary (management company) and on the stock market is very significant. Indeed, in the stock market you pay a commission, regardless of the amount of the order. This fee does not apply to ETFs.
· They are liquid in real time, meaning you can know their value every second. In the stock market, you can only know the value of a security at a certain time (price preparation time). This allows you to have an accurate view of prices and developments in real time.
· They allow you to diversify your portfolio across many securities. If you have a specialized portfolio, you can invest in several ETFs and thus diversify your exposure.
· They can be used to create a “smart beta” of a stock portfolio or for hedging strategies.
What are the most popular ETFs?
The most popular ETFs are those that represent stock indexes. Indeed, it is very easy to use ETFs to follow the stock market or trend. These ETFs are usually very liquid and easy to buy. For example, an ETF that tracks the CAC 40 is an easy way to invest in French stocks because it is not necessary to know the evolution of each company in the CAC 40. In addition, you can also use an ETF to track emerging markets such as Asian countries or Africa
Did you like this article? Share with your friends using the buttons below.